Kentucky Paralegal Association
Holiday Inn-University Plaza, Bowling Green, Ky.
The KPA’s Certified Kentucky Paralegal (CKP) Examination will be given on Saturday, November 9, 2013, at Holiday Inn-University Plaza, Bowling Green, Kentucky.
The deadline for Applications is Wednesday, October 30, 2013. Applications and the required supporting documentation must be postmarked by this date and mailed to the Kentucky Paralegal Association, Attn: CKP Exam, P.O. Box 2675, Louisville, Kentucky 40201-2675. An Exam fee of $100.00 is required and must accompany the Application.
The CKP Application, Instructions for CKP Application, and “CKP Exam - What to Expect” can be found on the link located on the left of this webpage. For complete information regarding the KPA’s Certified Kentucky Paralegal (CKP) Program, eligibility, and application requirements, please refer to the KPA Professional Standards Program and Certification Manual which is also available on this webpage.
An Exam Prep Session will be held on the morning of the Exam. CKP Exam Study Guide Materials are provided at no cost and are available at the link located on the right of this webpage.. Questions on the Exam were permutated from these documents and all answers can be found within these materials.
The Holiday Inn-University Plaza is located at 1021 Wilkinson Trace, Bowling Green, Kentucky 42103.
If you have additional questions after reviewing the materials posted on the website, please contact the Kentucky Paralegal Association Certification Committee (KPACC) at email@example.com.
Please e-mail the Kentucky Paralegal Association Certification Committee (KPACC) at firstname.lastname@example.org
WHY TAKE THE CKP EXAM?
Eligibility to sit for the exam
The minimum education requirements for eligibility to take the CKP examination are:
• Graduation from an ABA approved course of paralegal studies (Official transcript required); or
• Graduation from a paralegal course of study which is not ABA approved, but is in substantial compliance with ABA approval guidelines (Official transcript required); or
• Graduation from an appropriately accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree in any field (Official transcript required) plus one (1) year of paralegal work experience verified by the supervising lawyer (on form provided with application); or.
• As of May 14, 2012 , a minimum of 5 years work experience as a paralegal performing substantive legal tasks under the supervision and direction of a licensed attorney. Said experience must be attested to by the paralegal’s supervising attorney (on form provided with application) and verified by the Kentucky Paralegal Association Certification Committee.
• Any person with a minimum of five (5) years of verifiable work experience as a paralegal, accrued prior to May 14, 2012, will be given constructive credit for the education requirements. Intent to seek constructive credit must be submitted to the CKPP, Inc., on a form provided by the CKPP, Inc.
• Applicants must submit documentary verification of completion of education and work experience requirements.
• KPA membership is not required to sit for the exam but, once certified, KPA membership is required to maintain CKP status.